25 Nov 2010

Structuring my new website

when creating my new website first i thought of what information i wanted to get across then structured the design around it.

1.Logo
I placed my logo in the top left hand corner of the page because users  read from left to right then top to bottom and that's how they mostly view websites. so it made seance to put my logo in that position.
 
2. Tagline
Having a tagline allows the users to gasp a rough overal idea of what the page is about and what the designer (i.e me can do).
3. Portfolio
This is a good way in showing off your best bits off work mostly used in a banner. this can help draw the viewer in.
4. Services
My tagline was a quick discription of what i do. but this part takes them headers and expands them into more depth.
5. Call of action
These are links i have placed in certain areas of my page to try and keep the user viewing then can be links to anything I.e Read more, Contact me, View Portfolio.
6. Social Networking
Adding social networking links into my website allows the user to follow me and see what projects im working on and my design process. it also lets them speak to me alot easier then sending me emails.
7. About me
with all portfolio you have an about me this allows the user to read a little me  and maybe understand how you work, what qualifications you have and were your from.  Its a little along the lines of a cv becuase your trying to sell yourself and your services.


after this process comes the fun part designing the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment