20 Oct 2010

Interactive Space Assignment
A 300 hundred word rationale outlining my project

For this assignment I got the idea after I woken up from a hard night of partying and not being able to find my car keys so I thought why not make this into an interactive game for my project. The audience this is intended for is everyone really whether you drive or not because everybody loosing something and forget were they’ve put them?. My interactive space doesn’t have any characters in it you play as yourself checking various areas to try and find your car keys.

I started it off as if the player is at their car and doesn’t have their keys on them so they have to go back into the house were they get the choice of two rooms the bedroom and bathroom. Once inside a room they are given various different choices on where to look for example in the bedroom you get options like the bed, t.v stand, shoes, clothes and once you’ve clicked on an area you zoom in for a closer look giving you (the user) the change to navigate that area.

Most of the images contain a back button so you can return to the previous page plus I have added hidden hotspots what are scattered around the page that you have to hunt for some of these links have text what appear when you roll over them as some don’t.

Once you have finally found the keys you are directed down the stairs and back outside to your car were you can now get in. I wanted the game to create an exciting / annoying atmosphere were that you don’t want to give up until you’ve found the car keys as in a real life situation.

Here is the URL for my interactive space on Making New Maps. 
http://www.makingnewmaps.com/maps/Leigh_Hattersley/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment