5 Oct 2010

My Design Process



























                   To view my website please visit  www.menacedesigns.orgfree.com

I have been asked to explain my design process of the last piece of work I created. The last piece of work I created was a website for myself to promote my work to the general public and potential clients. As I already created my website I can’t take screenshots and show my design process.


1.       First thing I did was research a little by going through search engines looking at other designers websites to see how they layed there’s out, what kind of information they put into it, Colour schemes they used and font styles.
2.       After this I came to a conclusion that my website would have 4 main pages what were home, biography, and portfolio and contact me. Then all I had to do was work out what and how much information was needed for each page.
3.       After  this I started playing around on Photoshop mixing up ideas until I came to a decision on how I was going to set out my website, the colour scheme and font style I was going to use.
4.       Then combining Photoshop and Dreamweaver I started to create my website using various methods and codes.
5.       The next stage was uploading all images and changing the image source codes so that they are visible once the website is online, and also checking that all the links and coding works.
6.       Then comes uploading my website to the internet and rechecking that everything is layed out correctly, all links work and images show up.
7.       And for my final design method I sent the link around to friends plus posted it onto facebook and asked people to have a look at it see if it is designed/ layed out well and asked for relevant feedback about it.

I often check back on my website to see how I can change it to look more professional and to update it.



No comments:

Post a Comment