1 Mar 2011

Interactive media


Here is the layout and themes i am going to use throughout my website. Some areas still need to be worked on. I have placed a big image gallery at the top of my page showing my best work so that it should intice the viewer to stay on my site.

When structuring my portfolio site i went by the 10 steps to the perfect portfolio website. Smashing Magazine (2009). 10 steps to the perfect portfolio website. [Online]. February, 29. Available from - http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/02/26/10-steps-to-the-perfect-portfolio-website/. [Accessed: 26/02/2011]. When i first designed the theme and structure i kept it very simple with no textures and minimum colors as seen below.

But after showing it to shaun he stated that it looked generic. With the feedback i received i went on to look
at other designers on the web; spoon graphicsLewis Bilsland, I decided to change the theme making it look a lot more appealing.

When coming up with ideas to how i wanted it to look  Spoon graphics Smashing Magazine (2009). 10 steps to the perfect portfolio website. [Online]. February, 29. Available from - http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/02/26/10-steps-to-the-perfect-portfolio-website/. [Accessed: 26/02/2011].  inspired me, from how he layed out his website.


Rebecca Lloyds  Available from - http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/02/26/10-steps-to-the-perfect-portfolio-website/. [Accessed: 26/02/2011]. about me page has inspired me to how i would like mine to look,
with having an area on the side with basic information and an image of me similar to how Myspace lay their profiles out.



Materials used;

No comments:

Post a Comment