21 Mar 2011

Interactive Space 500 word Evaluation

For the interactive space assignment I had to create a online portfolio which consists of at least 5 pages.  At first I created a very simple theme and feel but after feedback from Shaun and other people on the course I decided to focus most of my time in making it look interesting & giving it a personal feel. I researched various online portfolio's until I started to get a feel into how I wanted mine to look and be structured, I kept my website to one font Arial, And 3 colours black, pinky red & blue. I went for a traditional way of presenting information because that's what I believe is the most easiest to follow with the logo in the top left hand corner followed by the navigation bar, Then an image gallery what should hopefully draw the viewer's into my site, Then with the content below followed by a footer.

The pages my portfolio consists of are;

Home Page
I structed the content, so that people would read the tag-line that's in a big font, then go onto reading a brief introduction to my page and myself. I also added feeds from my blogger so the viewer gets the chance to see what im upto / working on and I added a section of my latest work.

About Me
The about me page is very simple in its design I wanted to give it a facebook kind of style with a section on the right with a picture of me and basic information, Then with the content flowing down the right.

Portfolio
my portfolio took a little bit more planning and gave me a chance to be a bit creative because I separated each area of design In which I offer, I gave each area an icon so that the viewer doesn't have to read the heading to find out what their looking at the icon tells them. I used J query to make each of the images pop out instead of going onto another page, what makes it look a lot more proffesional.

Contact Me
With my contact page I kept this simple with a little message from me and a section of other ways to contact me. this page helped me learn a lot more about form's and coding using PHP.


Freebee's
this page is also very simple I've set it out almost as if it was running through a blog, because I do want eventually want it to be in a blog running alongside my portfolio but I didn't have the time to learn how to do it,  but it is something I am going to pursue over the holidays. I create a freebee's section because like blogging it is a great way to get gain traffic to my site.


I didn't struggle much with this assignment because it is something I have experience in and love doing, the only things what ticked my brain was the information in my footer didn't show correctly on all browsers but after researching a little on margins & padding's I quickly fixed the problems in my coding, I also had a few problems with CSS3 and borders but it was quickly fixed after a little more research.

If I could change my portfolio I would defiantly change the tag-line & its font because its suppose to be eye catching and because it's the same font and the information so it doesn't work.

You can view my online portfolio live http://leighhattersley.comxa.com


No comments:

Post a Comment